CertMaster Labs for Comptia Security+ (SY0-601)
CertMaster Labs for Comptia Security+ (SY0-601)
Guaranteed World’s Best Price !
- A remote lab environment that enables hands on practice in actual software applications using only a browser and internet connection
- Gradable hands-on assessments provide an accurate picture of your ability to correctly and efficiently perform job tasks
- Browser-based labs require only a reliable internet connection and modern browser, with no special equipment
- Once redeemed, CertMaster Labs will be valid for 12 months
CertMaster Labs for Security+ provides learners with the necessary platform to gain critical hands-on skills and develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter to prepare for your CertMaster Security+ Certification. CertMaster Labs allows you to address the practical aspects of Security+ exam objectives and complement prior training through access to real equipment and software environments.
What are CertMaster Labs
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Security+ (Exam SY0-601) enable hands-on practice and skills development using real equipment and software accessed through a remote, browser-based lab environment. Aligned with Official CompTIA learning products such as CertMaster Learn and the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-601) exam objectives, CertMaster Labs make it easy for learners to practice and apply their skills in real workplace scenarios in preparation for the certification exam. All lab activities include gradable assessments, offer feedback and hints, and provide a score based on learner inputs, ultimately guiding you to the most correct and efficient path through job tasks.
There are two types of labs in the course:
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10-15 minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstandings as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20-30 minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the student at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps.
Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment
Assisted Lab: Scanning and Identifying Network Nodes
Assisted Lab: Intercepting and Interpreting Network Traffic with Packet Sniffing Tools
Assisted Lab: Analyzing the Results of a Credentialed Vulnerability Scan
Assisted Lab: Installing, Using, and Blocking a Malware-based Backdoor
APPLIED LAB: Performing Network Reconnaissance and Vulnerability Scanning
Assisted Lab: Managing the Lifecycle of a Certificate
Assisted Lab: Managing Certificates with OpenSSL
Assisted Lab: Auditing Passwords with a Password Cracking Utility
Assisted Lab: Managing Centralized Authentication
Assisted Lab: Managing Access Controls in Windows Server
Assisted Lab: Configuring a System for Auditing Policies
Assisted Lab: Managing Access Controls in Linux
APPLIED LAB: Configuring Identity and Access Management Controls
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Secure Network Design
Assisted Lab: Configuring a Firewall
Assisted Lab: Configuring an Intrusion Detection System
Assisted Lab: Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Virtual Private Network
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Secure SSH Server
Assisted Lab: Implementing Endpoint Protection
APPLIED LAB: Securing the Network Infrastructure
Assisted Lab: Identifying Application Attack Indicators
Assisted Lab: Identifying a Browser Attack
Assisted Lab: Implementing PowerShell Security
Assisted Lab: Identifying Malicious Code
APPLIED LAB: Identifying Application Attacks
Assisted Lab: Managing Data Sources for Incident Response
Assisted Lab: Configuring Mitigation Controls
Assisted Lab: Acquiring Digital Forensics Evidence
Assisted Lab: Backing Up and Restoring Data in Windows and Linux
APPLIED LAB: Managing Incident Response, Mitigation and Recovery
- One CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Security+ (SY0-601) license – this is single user license and may not be shared
- Once activated, CertMaster Labs for Security+ (SY0-601) is valid for 12 months
- Access keys must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase
Accessing the Course Materials
An access key and registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://login.comptia.org/
HOW YOU’LL GAIN HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE WITH CERTMASTER LABS FOR SECURITY+:
ACCESS TO HANDS-ON LEARNING
Browser-based access to software applications and operating systems used on the job.
ALIGNED WITH EXAM OBJECTIVES
Lab exercises align real-world scenarios to CompTIA exam objectives.
EXTENSIVE, STEP BY STEP ACTIVITIES
Detailed instructions for how to navigate and accomplish lab tasks from basic configuration to advanced subjects.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN WITH CERTMASTER LABS FOR SECURITY+
CompTIA Labs addresses the practical aspects of the exam objectives on the CertMaster Security+ exam, including:
THREATS, ATTACKS & VULNERABILITIES
Detect various types of compromise and implement basic vulnerability scanning concepts
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT
Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
Implement risk management best practices
CRYPTOGRAPHY & PKI
Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure